||More Sports||Sign up||School Finder|
Florida and Duke are two schools on Jabari Parker's final five. | Jabari Parker dunks for Simeon at the end of the game and smiles in bliss. Patrick Gleason ~ For Sun-Times Media
1. Kentucky: Ho-hum, another No. 1 recruiting class is headed to Lexington. The five-player class is led by the Harrison twins out of Texas –– guards Aaron and Andrew –– who are both among the top five players in the country. Plus, guard James Young out of Michigan is a top 10 national prospect. Could the Wildcats add either Julius Randle or Andrew Wiggins?
2. Memphis: Josh Pastner hauled in five players ranked among the top 100 in the country, including a trio of Memphis area products in 6-5 Markel Crawford, 6-7 Nick King and 6-8 Austin Nichols.
3. Indiana: Tom Crean has it rolling on the recruiting trail with a second straight top five recruiting class. The prize of a loaded six-man recruiting class is 6-8 five-star power forward Noah Vonleh, who committed last weekend.
4. Kansas: Plenty of perimeter talent headed to Lawrence. Shooting guard Wayne Selden is a top 25 prospect, while point guard Conner Frankamp and small forward Brannen Greene are among the top 50. Bill Self added 7-footer Joel Embiid early this week.
5. Florida: It’s a power-packed two-man class right now with the hope of adding Simeon’s Jabari Parker to a pair of top 10 national recruits: point guard Kasey Hill and 6-10 power forward Chris Walker.
6. Louisville: The top class in the Big East is headed by difference-making point guard Chris Jones, a junior college star, and 6-4 shooting guard Anton Gill, a top 50 recruit.
7. LSU: Jarrell Martin out of Baton Rouge, a five-star talent, stayed home and is the biggest LSU hoops recruit in years. The impressive five-man class offers talent and a lot of size.
8. Michigan: The 1-2 punch of 6-5 Zak Irvin out of Indiana and Detroit point guard Derrick Walton gives the Wolverines two top 50 talents. Add top 100 big man Mark Donnal and it’s the best Michigan class in years.
9. Marquette: Jameel McKay, a 6-8 juco star, and top 100 guard JaJuan Johnson join Milwaukee star tandem –– and top 75 talents –– athletic wing Deonte Burton and point guard Duane Wilson in a banner five-man class.
10. Duke: Another top 10 class that hopes to add Parker. Coach K has already lured top 35 talents Matt Jones, a 6-4 scorer out of Texas, and 6-6 Semi Ojeleye out of Kansas.